10 Things You May Have Forgotten to Add to Your Balloon Business Website
Updated: Nov 22
If you're like most business owners, you're always looking for ways to optimize your website and make sure it's running as smoothly as possible. But with everything else that's going on, it's easy to forget some of the basics. Here are 10 things you should double-check are listed and available on your website:
1. Your location - This seems like a no-brainer, but you'd be surprised how many businesses forget to list their address on their website. Make sure your location is front and center so potential customers can easily find you. And while you're at it, don't forget to update your location on Instagram, too! This isn't only for those of us with a storefront! This applies to you if you are home based too. People HAVE to know the areas you serve.
2. An about page - Your about page is one of the first places potential customers will look to learn more about your business. Make sure you have an about page that tells your story and helps people understand what makes your business unique.
3. A way to collect the info you need from them - Whether it's an email signup form or a contact form, make sure you have a way to collect information from potential customers so you can follow up with them later.
4. Your booking process - If you offer appointments or bookings, make sure your website has a clear process for people to follow. The last thing you want is for someone to get frustrated and give up because they can't figure out how to book an appointment with you.
5. An Instagram feed - These days, almost everyone is on Instagram, so make sure your business has an account and that your feed is linked to from your website. This is a great way to show off your work and attract new customers.
6. Localized SEO - If you're targeting local customers, make sure your website is optimized for local SEO. This means including keywords related to your city or region in your content so people in those areas can easily find you when they're searching online.
7. Pricing menus that expedite sales - Make sure your pricing menus are up-to-date and accurate so potential customers can easily see how much it will cost them to use your services. This will help prevent any confusion or frustration later on down the line.
8. Searchable file names for images - When people search for images online, they'll often enter keywords related to what they're looking for into the search bar. So, if you want people to be able to find images of your products or services easily, make sure the file names for those images include relevant keywords.
9 .Suggested venues and vendors - If you offer services that require venues or other vendors (for example, a rental company or your local AlphaLit franchise ), consider including a list of suggested venues and vendors on your website. This will save potential customers time and effort in having to do their own research later on down the line.
10 .A pop-up advertisement for grab and go garlands - Last but not least, don't forget to put a pop-up advertisement for grab and go garlands on your website! People love these things, and they're a great way to boost sales during the holiday season.
You can listen to this full episode here:
I love building websites. It was the first thing I learned how to do when I started my first side hustle 10 years ago. I think it's fun to design something beautiful and functional so I'm always browsing other websites, specifically other Balloon Business owners. However, I see the same things missing over and over again.
So here they are, the 10 things you want to make sure you have on your website in order to give your customers the easiest opportunity to book your balloon services!
Your Business Location
Your "About" Page
Searchable file names for images
Suggested venues and vendors
A pop-up ad